Gathering together for Thanksgiving is a blessing. Deepen its meaning by starting a few traditions.
Thanksgiving is about celebrating thankfulness, but sometimes kids can get lost in the shuffle. Here are 10 ways for them to do Thanksgiving, too.
1. Make a thankful tree:
Brown (for the trunk and branches), orange, red, and yellow paper (for the leaves).
• How To Make
Out of the brown paper, cut out the trunk and branches of the tree and hang them on the wall. Out of the orange, red, and yellow paper, cut out leaves big enough to write on.
Give each person at your Thanksgiving an assortment of leaves and have him write one thing they are thankful for on each of the leaves then add the leaves to the tree.
2. Read about the first Thanksgiving.
3. Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade & learn all about it.
4. Call out-of-state loved ones and friends.
5. Help set the table.
6. Go around the Thanksgiving table and have everyone say one thing they’re thankful for.
7. Dress up.
8. Look at old photo albums, looking back at all that’s happened.
10. Read Lincoln’s “Proclamation of Thanksgiving” (or parts of it)- possibly out loud!