Nashville Parent Magazine
Writer Guidelines – 2017
Susan Day: Editor-in-Chief
Chad Young: Managing Editor
- Articles should be geared towards parents and families with children ages 0 – 14.
- Articles adhere to AP Style. Features must be easy reads and locally sourced. No technical writing, please. Information should be clear, concise and organized with subheads. Include resource sidebars at all times.
- Articles should include at least two expert voices (more are encouraged). National parenting experts/authors/professionals from renowned institutions are acceptable in addition to the local voices.
- Features should be between 800 – 1,200 words.
- Finished, pre-copy edited work must be submitted ON or BEFORE set deadline via email to the editor.
- If additional work is required from the editor, the assigned writer will be contacted.
- Payment for accepted stories is made on the first day of the month following the month’s publication in which the assignment appears i.e., 30 days.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
- Please allow two weeks for a reply to be made regarding your submission.
- If your article is accepted, terms will be discussed.