Have a sports fan in the family? Check out this homemade basketball keychain. It's great for kids to do and even a great Father's Day gift idea.
Looking for an easy handmade gift for Father’s Day? Check out this wooden basketball keychain. If you’re not a fan of basketball, you can turn this craft into a baseball keychain, soccer keychain or even a softball keychain — all you have to do is change of the colors and the line patterns.
What You Need
Round 1-inch wooden balls from the craft store
Threaded eyelets (I’m using one from a picture hanging kit)
Paint and brushes
Permanent black marker
What You Do
- Cover your working area with newspaper.
- Gently twist the eyelet into the wooden ball.
- Paint the wooden ball the color of your choice (mine’s orange for basketball). Allow to dry completely.
- Draw in your lines to give the ball details. You might want to draw the lines with a pencil first and then trace that with the permanent marker or you’ll end up like me and making the lines thicker and thicker to cover up the mess ups. LOL.
- Personalize it with an initial or full name.
- If you have stickers of your favorite team for that sport that are small enough to stick on, or if you want to cut one out of paper to the size you need and glue it on, that will add even more flair.
- Finally, add the keychain. I just used an old one. That was easy and simple to switch out.