Sweets for the Sweet this Valentine’s Day!
Here’s a marvy recipe for a CHOCOLATE ICEBOX PIE:
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/4 cup cold water
2 T cornstarch
1 can sweet condensed milk
3 large eggs, beaten
1 t vanilla extract
3 T butter
1 ready made chocolate crumb piecrust
1 – 2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
Large milk chocolate candy bar, shaved
- Heat milk until it just begins to bubble around the edges in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate morsels until melted. Cool slightly.
- Stir together cold water and cornstarch until dissolved.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens and is smooth. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove from heat, and whisk in butter. Spoon mixture into piecrust. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream evenly over pie filling, sprinkle with candy bar pieces