More Nashville moms will have greater access to HypnoBirthing as an option thanks to a leading expert coming to town.
More women may gain access to HypnoBirthing in the greater Nashville area thanks to one of the top hypnobirthing experts in the world.
Dr. Vivian Keeler is a chiropractic physician, certified doula (DONA), HypnoBirthing childbirth educator and certified hypnotist. She’s also the founder of Amazing Births and Beyond. With more than 17 years of experience in training couples in the art of gentle, peaceful and instinctive birthing.
Keeler will be teaching a four-day HypnoBirthing Conference to local healthcare professionals July 26 – 29 at Blooma Nashville (4107 Charlotte Ave., Nashville).
WHAT IS HYPNOBIRTHING?
HypnoBirthing is a childbirth education course emphasizing natural childbirth while teaching self-hypnosis techniques to combat fear and pain during labor.
WHAT THE PROGRAM TEACHES
• An awareness of the consciousness of the baby before, during and after experiencing birth.
• An understanding of the working of the body’s own natural relaxants.
• Relaxation techniques that eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
• An understanding of why women in other cultures have easier, more comfortable births.
• How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature.
• Proven hypnnotic techniques to bring about easier, more comfortable labor and birthing.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
• How to eliminate fear and replace it with confidence and understanding.
• The source of the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment in normal birthing.
• How to teach the birthing companion hypnotic rapport.
• Specific technique of hypnotic deepening.
• The three stages of labor as a continuum and varying relaxation skills.
• Prenatal, perinatal and postnatal parenting and bonding.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physicians’ Assistants
• Healthcare Providers
• Childbirth Educators
• Yoga Instructors
• Massage Therapists
• All others with an interest in maternal health and birthing.
The conference takes place from 9 a.m – 5 p.m. daily, July 26 – 29. The four-day tuition is $1,395. The Birthing Basics at Home study kit is $150. Register for the conference at http://bit.ly/NashvilleHypnoBirthing.