When you have frigid temps outside, make a craft that can survive outside in it! These ice bowl luminaries are easy, awesome and pretty.
What You Need
Nesting bowls (preferably flexible ones or ones that can withstand freezing temps)
Glow sticks (or battery operated tea lights)
What You Do
- Use nesting bowls that have a little room between them. Fill the bottom bowl with water.
- Set the second bowl into the bottom bowl and tape it down. Some water may squish out, that’s OK.
- Put in the freezer over night.
- The next day, it should be frozen. Pop the ice bowl out. If the bowls are too frozen to pop the ice bowl out, let it sit for a few minutes in the sink. Then it will be ready.
- Place the ice bowl on the ground upside down.
- Get a glow stick (or battery operated tea light candle) and put it underneath the ice bowl.
Do this several times if you like to have a lighted path down your sidewalk! It’s sparkly AND pretty! The above picture is what it looks like during the day. The below picture is what it looks like at night.