Kids don't have to know it's not really magical, but how else do the elves — like the Elf on the Shelf — get into your house?
Some say those tricky little elves were bought at the store while others say they magically appear one day. Anyway, this fun holiday craft for kids is just the solution. Have them make a magical Elf door for him to come through!
What You’ll Need
Back of any spiral notebook or legal pad
What You’ll Do
- Tear off the back of your spiral notebook or legal pad.
- Draw on a fun shape for a door — be sure to leave a straight bottom — and cut it out.
- Gather your red felt, glue and door shape you just made.
- Apply glue to the back of your door.
- Press the glued side of your door onto the red felt.
- Cut the excess red felt off.
- Allow for it to dry.
- Now glue ribbon — or any trimmings that you would like — around the edge of the door.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out a little circle out of the white felt for the knob and glue it on. Also cut out a little window from the white felt and glue that on, too. Allow it all to dry.
- Once dry, you can tape it to the wall right above the baseboard in the living room. It’s funny to see it by the front door, too.
Now, when your child asks where the magical elf came from, you can say that he (or she) came through the magical door you made just for elves.