Mason jars are all the rage as of late. There are hundreds of crafts you can do with them ... like this bow holder for all those girly bows.
Growing up in the country, we had mason jars for just about everything — and that was BEFORE Pinterest. Nowadays, it’s like you can’t scroll Pinterest or Facebook without seeing a really cute craft that you can do with a Mason jar. I’ve seen this style of craft over and over, but I’ve only seen them holding weird items or spices and such. I needed something fun and cute for my daughter’s bows. So, that’s what we did with our Mason jar craft.
What You Need
What You Do
- Take the candlestick holder, small toy (optional) and the lid to your Mason jar outside and spray paint them. Be sure to only paint them a little at a time so that you don’t have any runs in the paint. If you’re spray painting the toy to match the lid, it’s best done after you’ve hot glued it to the lid.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Once dry, hot glue the Mason jar to the candlestick.
- Now, hot glue your small toy to the center of the lid. Many people spray paint this the same color as the lid, but the item we chose already had that color and I liked the other colors it added to the overall appearance.
- Stuff all your personal items you wanted to into the jar and seal with the lid.
Optional: You can also use little gems to decorate the candlestick … like we did. Just have some fun with it.