WAIT! Save that old t-shirt and make a new headband out of it for your child — and she can help you make it. It's super easy and they're comfortable, too.
Turn those unwanted T-shirts into cute headbands for kids.
Be sure to check out the step-by-step pictorial guide at the bottom of the page, too.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Do
- Grab a T-shirt you’ll never use again and a pair of scissors.
- Cut three strips across the bottom of the shirt.
- Cut one little strip from the shirt and thread it through the folded ends of your three strips.
- Tie that little strip tightly, pulling the three long strips together.
- Tie the little strip around your chair and braid the three long strips together.
- Wrap the braid around your child’s head just a little tight to find where the braid needs to end and knot it.
- Bring the two ends together and tie them tightly together.
- Cut lots of little strips off of the shirt to make a pom-pom.
- Lie the strips across the section of the braided part of the headband and use two of the extra strips from that to tie the stack of little strips together and to the headband.
- One by one, grab each of the little strips and tug on them gently so you don’t pull them out, but enough to make the edges curl in.
- Your headband is now complete.