With a sandwich tray lid, I created a concrete Oreo stepping stone. It's a cute way to add a little fun in your garden.
You just can’t help but get into spring decor with the weather is so wonderful. So, I decided to make something for my garden. Something a little more playful than usual. All it took was a little imagination and a few key ingredients.
What You Need
Fast setting concrete mix
Old spoon and bowl
Lid to a big disposable sandwich tray
Paint and brushes
What You do
- Clean your sandwich tray lid and let dry.
- Outside, mix up a batch of the concrete (wearing your gloves to protect your hands) and pour it into the lid.
- Gently shake the lid to settle the mix into an even layer.
- Allow to dry for several days outside.
- Once it’s dry, it’ll pop right out of the lid. Now you can paint it however you like.
The lid I was using reminded me of an Oreo cookie. Yeah, I know those cookies don’t have white writing on the tops of them, but I wanted that part of my Oreo stepping stone to stand out in the garden. Be careful with it, though. As you can see in the below picture that I broke mine being too careless with it. Now, it’ll look like an Oreo being “dunked” into the yard. LOL. You can also get a feeling of its size, too.
You don’t have to do cookies. You can paint them like jeweled stones and with a monogram in the center of it.