The ice is melting and it's time to get ready to welcome spring. What better way than with this cute ornamental snail craft?
We know. It’s not quite spring … yet! Besides, Friday, March 20 is the Spring Equinox making it the first day of spring! So, if you make this snail craft now, you’ll be ready for the seasonal change.
What You Need
1 cup cornstarch
2 cups baking soda,
1-1/4 cups water
wax paper or cookie cooling rack
paints and paint brushes, or crayons and markers
What You Do
• Mix the cornstarch, baking soda adding a little water at a time until you get a thick dough consistency. You may not need all the water.
• Roll the dough out to desired thickness.
• Cut out shapes using fun spring-like cookie cutters.
• Allow to dry over night on the wax paper (which will also require flipping them) or on wire cooking cooling racks.
• Once they’re dry, you can paint them or color them with crayons and markers.