Take a walk in the creek in search of some good, flat skipping stones. Just don't skip them, turn them into a craft like this Rockin' Robot craft!
If you find yourself spending the beautiful days out in nature, look around for objects that can be turned into a craft. While wading in a creek bed, we found several good skipping stones. After giving the skips a try, we decided to save some and take them home. We ended up then turning them into something FUN — like these Rockin’ Robots!
What You Need
Flat rocks from the creek bed
Lots of other bright colors of paint (or nail polish)
What You Do
- Gather lots of flat rocks while you’re out enjoying a day of wading in the creek with your family. Dry them off on a paper towel.
- Spread the rocks out into groups to form a head and body.
- Paint each rock silver on one side and allow to dry completely. Once dry, turn them over and paint the other side.
- Take another color of paint (or nail polish like we used) and start painting geometric shapes on the bodies and make eyes, mouths, etc.
- Use a variety of colors to make your robots look great!
- Allow them to dry and then play with them. You can interchange their heads and bodies, too.