What can you do with a bunch of skipping stones you found in the creek. A LOT! But here's one idea.
What You Need
Flat rocks from the creek bed
Lots of other bright colors of paint (or nail polish)
What You Do
- Gather lots of flat rocks while you’re out enjoying a day of wading in the creek with your family. Dry them off on a paper towel.
- Spread the rocks out into groups to form a head and body.
- Paint each rock silver on one side and allow to dry completely. Once dry, turn them over and paint the other side.
- Take another color of paint (or nail polish like we used) and start painting geometric shapes on the bodies and make eyes, mouths, etc.
- Use a variety of colors to make your robots look great!
- Allow them to dry and then play with them. You can interchange their heads and bodies, too.